No wipe...

Everything to do with Elite Dangerous the latest in the genera defining series of space games.

No wipe...

Postby spacedyemeerkat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 am

...just in case anyone missed it and is interested: it was confirmed on Monday there will be no wipe in moving from gamma (the current release) to the release version on 16 December. Looks like it's time to get playing properly :D
spacedyemeerkat
Engine Cleaner

Re: No wipe...

Postby Nobkins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 pm

I have to say that I would actually prefer a wipe. I think it would be nice that everyone starts at the same level. I guess not wiping allows for more player variety in the galaxy.

I would also like the option to start a New Commander without all the "kick starter" or any other perks. Even the basic New Commander with Side Winder and 100Credit still gives me a free eagle (a freegle I believe) that I can sell immediately for 40,000 cr I think.

The Gamma 2 release also includes an impressive set of tweaks, improvements, bug bashing.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71785
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Dave Fennessy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:43 pm

No matter what online game I play, I continually come up against people who seem to know it all, have it all and deride any one that has just started :lol: These type of players frighten the life out of me as they seem so obsessed. I do like taking my time and attempt to enjoy everything. So it won't matter to me if there was a wipe or not, I'll still be at the back waving at the groovers and shakers on the server. This game is the only one in like two decades where I strongly want to purchase and play it from the moment it is released.
Quietly beavering away on two routes
Dave Fennessy
Full Time Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Make sure you join the TSD clan Dave. Once you are on the game search for "Nobkins" in the friends management system in game and add me. Then we will hopefully see each other in space every now and again!

Jim
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Dave Fennessy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 am

Will do Jim. I just about managed to get in on the pre-purchase and then attempted to complete the training missions without knowing what the buttons were. Think I'll wait for the complete noob introduction. What are the chances of us bumping into each other amongst 400 billion star systems?
Dave Fennessy
Full Time Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Dave Fennessy wrote:What are the chances of us bumping into each other amongst 400 billion star systems?

Definitely a possibility ;)
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Dave Fennessy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Well, all I can say is.... not very user friendly is it :lol: I'm still trying to familiarise myself with the controls and trying to control the bloody thing working through the training. My user name is 'Dave_Spudgun'. Sadly, both Dave and Spudgun were already taken. :o
Dave Fennessy
Full Time Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeh it does take a little while but once you get into it....
Nobkins
Site Admin

Return to Elite Dangerous