Barry Island Causeway

Barry Island Causeway

Postby Terrier060 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:41 am

I am having trouble with the tracks and road going out to Barry Island. The embankments are steep, reducing as the road rises. The embankment between the two double tracks is almost vertical. I do not know how to form such steep embankments, especially as the ones between the road and the railway have shrubs and trees on them.

I have enclosed two images to explain what I am trying to do.

I am working from old OS maps and decals taken from the 1945 Google Earth.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Yours

Ed
Attachments
Barry Causeway 02.jpg
Barry Causeway West Side Looking South
Barry Causeway 01.jpg
Barry Causeway East Side Looking South
Terrier060
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: Barry Island Causeway

Postby brysonman46 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:32 pm

There are several Lofts that will serve. Default Kuju Grass embankment is one, but the one by Phil (pjt1974) is better (in one of the UKTS packs). Select the length of track, set your offset, and click on the yellow block with arrow. If they form the wrong way round, undo, then push the arrow in the other direction. Phil's ones are the better, as they sit exactly in place. The Kuju ones often have to be lowered slightly so the track sits nicely in the trackbed. You can play with the offset so that you can get a good fit to the terrain. Other ways are possible, such as walls with ledges that sit under the track. Many of these can be found in WCMLoS.

Oops - just noticed that this is a MSTS thread. Maybe there are some equivalents in that sim! The above is for Railworks
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Re: Barry Island Causeway

Postby Terrier060 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Many thanks for the tips Bry - I will have a look - I did try one of the Kuju walls but it was a bit dark.

Ed
Terrier060
Fit for Firing Duties

Return to Route Creation