exporting into train simulator taking ages?

exporting into train simulator taking ages?

Postby Class1987 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi everyone just a quick question that I need resolving I've been building up a train station for my route (Lichfield City) the exporting has been fine its gone through in a matter of seconds. But I've started to notice now as more objects have been added to the model it is becoming very slow at officially exporting the model into the game, Is there away to stop this from happening? Does anyone thing just attaching most of the objects together would that make it go faster or won't it make any difference?
Cheers, Ian.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Re: exporting into train simulator taking ages?

Postby AndiS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Maybe you made the model more complex than you are aware of?

You say you added objects. Be sure to reset origin and orientation and scale for all of them. Consider merging some of them. Do they form a deep hierarchy, or are they independent?
What is the number of tris etc. that the exporter reports?
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby VictoryWorks » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 am

Simply, the more data you export, the longer it takes. A full engine export can take my rig 40 seconds or so from blueprint editor to game. Exporting from Blender to igs takes longer.

The only way to speed it up is to break the model down into smaller parts and export them separately, then either select them all together for one final export or make them separate scenery objects and attach them as children to one main object.
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby Class1987 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am

That could be it then at one point it said export failed too many nodes so obviously I might as well just attach all objects (nodes) to each other plus it might stop some parts disappearing when I close to it in gameplay which is another problem I seem to get sometimes. My model is almost complete now so I'll see how things go if I still get that problem with objects vanishing when getting close up I'll get back to you all and see what can be done about it.
Cheers, Ian.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Return to 3D Objects General