The Friargate Line

Re: The Friargate Line

Postby AndiS » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Keith (Rockdoc2174) is from the area and he did a lot of very cool research.

Nick (brysonman46) sadly passed away.

I contributed a few promises but then got swept away by the so-called real life and a few ideas that were a bit too complex, but I put all blame on the former.

I have not seen Brian (briyeo) post in two years, but I vaguely remember him repairing motor bikes which might explain something.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby briyeo » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:10 pm

Sadly it all proved too much for us after Chris Baker left the project that he had started, both Keith and I joined him to add our local knowledge and researched for all the information we could find. We did make a determined attempt to get to a point where we could release something, but ran out of energy, well I did, I couldn't face making another bridge model, there were over 100 bridges I think and no two were the same. The route wasn't as complete as it may have looked from the screenshots we posted, there was so much to do and neither of us were really route builders as such. Nick was a big loss to us he gave us a lot of help with the track especially.

I recently took up 3D Crafter again after an exchange of messages with Pauls, I agreed to have a go at making a few models for his Charnwood Forest route. I couldn't remember how to work the software after a 2 year break, but the small amount I had learned about the software did slowly come back to me. Andi so far I have failed to repair that motorcycle, it is under a sheet in the garage waiting for me to return to work on it.
Attachments
20220404143218_1.jpg
briyeo
Driver

Postby AndiS » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:22 pm

It suits the other models, I should say. :D

Don't worry about the motorcycle. Old motorcycles have a lot of time at their hands, much unlike us.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby briyeo » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:32 am

I'm getting a reputation for not finishing things :?
briyeo
Driver

Postby albinopigeon » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:05 pm

That station building in the background looks fantastic!

Charnwood Forest line? That sounds very local to me, what route does that cover?

Asset maker, wagon builder, route builder among others.
albinopigeon
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby briyeo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:50 pm

The Station in the background is a Great Northern station on the Friargate line, Kimberley East. I just dropped the model there to view it. I don't know a lot about the Charnwood Forest route but the station my model will be situated at is Loughborough Derby Road Midland Railway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charnwood_Forest_Railway
Attachments
lough_21.jpg
briyeo
Driver

Previous

Return to Route Creation