Blender export

Blender export

Postby honeybaobao » Sat May 09, 2020 7:11 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope everything is fine. I use blender 2.82 for the 3D design, but I have a small problem, in object mode my object doesn't have any texture and in texture paint mode, no problems, so it's make problem to copy/paste on blender 2.79 to use Briage as export plug-in. So I don't know what to do, or maybe if they are some alternatives such as 3dcrafter or others more, but I stay on Blender for design :D :D

Thanks a lot for your help
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: Blender export

Postby AndiS » Sat May 09, 2020 7:40 pm

I would stay with Blender 2.79. I would not hold my breath for an exporter for Blender 2.8. From what I grasped, the data structures inside Blender could have changed (again). Looking back, I would say that there is active developer of an exporter every 3 or 5 years.

I have no own experience with 2.8 but I have not seen anything yet that seems relevant for modelling that aims at RW/TS20xx.

I recently had a look at the 3D Crafter forum at UKTS and people did not seem happy. The one developer seems to have abandoned the project.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby DigitalRails » Sat May 16, 2020 4:04 pm

I have contacted the developer of Blender 2.79b RailWorks exporter, he is working on Blender 2.8 exporter.
Once released I will inform here.
Last edited by DigitalRails on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DigitalRails
Engine Cleaner

Postby Aadit Jha » Sun May 17, 2020 8:42 am

I do all the art related work from making the model to UV unwrapping in 2.8 and prepare the model for export in 2.79b which i have installed on another drive. I simply copy the objects and paste them as 2.79b cant open a 2.8 blend file. Everything is same except an added work of having to shift my model on 2.79b to get it ready for export. This, seems to be the only possible way to do it until the author comes up with the updated version.

Also, Digital Rails, sorry to write it down here as it seems you have disabled PM. Contact me through telegram!
Aadit Jha
General Shed Duties

Postby honeybaobao » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:32 am

Hi,

Sorry for my late of reply, and thanks for your reply and help. For texturing it's work ver well with the UV.

3D crafter me too I was not happy only the plugin to convert work fine, but must respect a lot of process. The best plugin of course it's the original on 3DSmax, but I am not interesting to invest on this software by renting or purchase, Blender is good too :)

I just saw the Briage was updated the 20th may but more 2.79, so hope the next version will be match with Blender 2.8
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Return to Blender