Banner repeater signals.

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Re: Banner repeater signals.

Postby Widewanderer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:26 pm

It's getting a little away from that banner signal for Rob, but just wanted to take the opportunity of thanking you, Darren, for creating Totham. It's been an excellent "canvas" for me, trying out adding to/editing an existing route, particularly the signalling. But it's also given me a chance to play with different track models, tunnels, lighting and more in a route that isn't too large. I might try extending it sometime, too. It's given me many hours of challenge and pleasure in equal measure...

If you're ever moved to see what I've been doing with it, do let me know, eh?

Thanks again, for all your hard work, Darren. I'll see if I can find a few schekles to donate to DPSimulation's website soon...
Rob :-D

Saul Junction, Glos.
Widewanderer
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby gougha » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi

DId Rob manage to find a Banner repeater. I have made a model of 1 similar to the 1 in the picture for my route. Can't see it being that difficult to get it working with John's scripts.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Regards

Andy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
gougha
Full Time Fireman

Postby RobertM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:43 pm

No not yet, been a busy last couple of days so have done nothing with regards to the SDR both in the editor and signaling wise yet.
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Postby gougha » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:09 pm

RobertM wrote:No not yet, been a busy last couple of days so have done nothing with regards to the SDR both in the editor and signaling wise yet.

Would you like me to see if I can get my banner signal working with John's scripts. I think I have a copy somewhere?

gougha
Full Time Fireman

Postby gougha » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:46 am

Here is the Banner Repeater I have in my route that currently works off Mark Brintons scripts that I have adapted slightly.

I will try and adapt it to Johns Scripts if you want me too.

Regards

Andy
gougha
Full Time Fireman

Postby RobertM » Tue May 10, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi, sorry for the silence.

As it stands now the route is finnished track wise, with just scenic work to do at Totnes and Buckfastleigh so now the issue of signalling has now come to the top of the to do agenda.

Gougha, that repeater is just the ticket, if you could send it me that would be smashing.

The main issues now with the signaling are the scripting and the actual models, wanderer has kindly offered to try and teach me (good luck) with the basics of Scripting so will be looking to do that myself with his guidance.

Model wise Buckfastleigh has some unique signals that the current GWR signal kits dont have that include calling on signals, something I believe Marks scripts can handle but will have to ask around for anyone who might have them tucked away somewhere or willing to model?

North end of the station, both of these signals I believe would benefit from being one model each

The signal on the right behind the water column, the starter for the station loop. It seems to be the tyoe that is centre mounted, more commonly known at the SVR at the end of Bewdley station

Approach to Buckfastleigh

Any takers for these signals?

Also, the north end of the station has a modern LED ground mounted shunt signal for locos that have moved forward from the platform to reverse back round the train, how would this react to Marks scripts?

Robert
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Postby gougha » Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 am

RobertM wrote:
Gougha, that repeater is just the ticket, if you could send it me that would be smashing.

Robert

No worries. I'm on holiday at the moment but will look at converting it and send it to you when I get back.

Regards

Andy

gougha
Full Time Fireman

Postby gougha » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Which scripts are you using. If you're using Marks then I don't think I need to do any script changes.

Also I have have some models of Lit ground signals that work off the semaphore scripts if they would be helpful.

I'm wondering if it might be worth me just publishing all of my signals that will come with my route and then you can pick and choose. I might have to write some instructions for you to make head or tail out of them.

Regards

Andy

gougha
Full Time Fireman

Postby RobertM » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Okay having spent the past couple of months doing the scenery work on the route and putting of the scripting its now time for me to bite the bullet and actually have a go at this scripting malarkey.

Widewander, do you still have the document? I seem to of misplaced my copy :oops:

Rob
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Postby Widewanderer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 am

Hello Robert,

Widewanderer certainly does still have the document about changing a signal blueprint's script. If I have everything set up correctly, the file can be downloaded from my web server using this link:

http://www.widewanderer.com/data/TS2017_sig_blueprint_script.pdf

Any problems, PM me to remind me of your email address (a muck-up reformatting my iPad recently resulted in my loosing my address list...wot a wooley wolley I am!), and I'll try to send it to you directly as an attachment.

Best wishes, and congratulations on your excellent work, Robert :mrgreen:
Rob :-D

Saul Junction, Glos.
Widewanderer
Fit for Firing Duties

PreviousNext

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room