Website Hosting for Projects

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Website Hosting for Projects

Postby urbandarkness » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Hey everyone,

I know alot of you work on projects alot of the time, so ill make this brief.

My names Matt, im the CEO of The Forge Digital Ltd, we host TrainSimDev.com, as part of supporting the community.

In terms of hosting, if anyone ever needs a website and hosting let me know, im an active member of the Rail Sim community and am happy to work out special deals for anyone thats interested.

Regards,

Matt
Best wishes,
Matt

http://www.theforgedigital.com
Director | The Forge Digital Ltd | Website Hosting | Domain Names | E-Commerce | Voice Over IP Solutions |
http://www.railsimusers.co.uk
Website Developer | We publish freeware & payware to support the heritage scene in the UK!
urbandarkness
Engine Cleaner

Re: Website Hosting for Projects

Postby Nobkins » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am

This is a great offer from Matt and I can't thank him enough for helping out TrainSimDev in its hour of need. The hosting is excellent and I have never had any problems.

I highly recommend speaking to matt if you have a need.

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: Website Hosting for Projects

Postby BigVern » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:50 pm

Sorry to bump this thread but wondering if anyone else is having issues with this company?

They went through a revamp some time ago and all the old tools to maintain your account and website vanished. I had a brief exchange of emails with Matt Hadfield (I think as they all got wiped in a Windows reset) who said they were in the process of rebuilding. The company now has a very glossy front end web site but no links whatsoever to guide customers towards the standard web hosting arrangements.

Numerous attempts to communicate either via their online form or email link have met no response. Their FB page isn't open to casual visitors either. As I just had an email from Nominet advising the domain renewal is getting due, I actually want to delete the site and discontinue the domain as I have no real interest in continuing with the site (outdated by all today's standards) and little point paying for domain or hosting if I can't access the thing anyway.

So just wondered if my problems are exceptional or anyone else who took up with Forge has run into difficulties.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Return to General Chat