Route indicator board using AndiS scripts

Re: Route indicator board using AndiS scripts

Postby AndiS » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:44 pm

First of all, I have a new idea about the sound: You don't need 4 sound children, just 2 if all distants share one and all home arms share the other.

function startOpening(dollIndex, armIndex)
if armIndex == ARM_DISTANT then
Call ("ControlSoundDistant:SetParameter", "SignalProgress", 1)
else
Call ("ControlSoundHome:SetParameter", "SignalProgress", 1)
end
end

As you have it now, all arms call the same one child and that does nothing for the second opening (and closing). Since you can rely on the fact, that only one stop arm and one or zero distant arms clear, all you need is a second child for the second sound, which will be the distant.

On a side note, I hope you don't get funny sound artifacts when closing stop and distant arm at the same time, thus playing the same sound twice at the same time. You are the first one to find out, I guess.

Regarding the bigger challenge with the call-on arm, I am not so full of ideas.

Quite clearly, the call-on arm will do nothing for the routes that are associated with the centre arm (1) and the one on the right (8) because you have no entry for that in gArmTable.

Rereading your post, I see that you talk about a movement predictor (MP) - I missed that which was just sloppy.

My next step would be to add these entries, at least for one of route 1 and 8 and test it first there. Once you got that working, you can do a direct comparison with routes 2-7 which use the route indicator and the stop arm on the left, if I understand that right.

Other than some lame hope that you tested it with route 1, I'm running short of straws, I guess.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Re: Route indicator board using AndiS scripts

Postby albinopigeon » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:07 pm

It sounds like a good method. But I will probably simplify it and make a weird signal with a co-acting home arm and a call-on arm and see what it does and if it works or not.

Asset maker, wagon builder, route builder among others.
albinopigeon
Fit for Firing Duties

Previous

Return to Route Creation